Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Advent Week 2: Tuesday - "Jesus Christ our Redeemer"

  • Sing a new song to the LORD,
  • his praise in the assembly of the faithful.
  • Let Israel rejoice in its Maker;
  • let Sion’s children exult in their king.
  • Let them praise his name with dancing,
  • and make music with timbrel and harp.

Psalm 149:1-3 (RGP)

"Our Redeemer? Where?"

All day today I have been caught up at work. My email fills up with requests, status updates, the problems my group needs to solve... This morning (such a long time ago) I read from Psalms, took in some meditations, took a walk and talked to You. But then I jumped right in to the work of the day. I didn't think about the lines above (which I read this morning) or remember to say Thank You when things went well.

Advent is a reminder that yes You ARE here. This Advent I am spending a little more time with You. Truth be known I am not all that excited about that since taking time for You, well, takes time. And all day long there is the answer to the "where" and even the unsaid "how" of my busy day, my trying to take care of it all, and my not letting You in...

Where is our Redeemer? Right here, with us as we laugh, complain, succeed, fail, and just live.

A Prayer: Dear Lord, redeem my life, especially when I try to take over, or am so frustrated I give up, and stay with me always. Thank You. Amen. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Seton, I hear "I need you" (luke 18, 9-14) Not much God can do with me/us when I am in my Pharisee mode. The one who had a need for mercy (a savior) was the one who returned justified. God's way is not pleasing a petulant parent, but seeking forgiveness and slow healing (my grace is enough for you; for in weakness my power is made perfect Paul 2Cor somewhere). Steve