Saturday, December 5, 2020

Advent Week 1: Saturday - "...when he shall come again in his glorious majesty..."

Random dark and light shapes from a black and white close up of ice on a small flowing stream


Is the time now, Lord? Am I ready? I am so tired, please let this be the end time, and please let me join You in Heaven! Alternatively am I looking at my life with You and hoping, wishing, trusting that You will give me a few more days or years to get myself and my life in order? Maybe the more realistic view is I want to be ready to be with You, God, but if You don't mind there are a few things I am really enjoying right now. As long as I don't look too carefully I can call them enjoyment and relaxation rather than sins. And let's not even mention the sins I just don't have the courage today to face, and certainly am embarrassed to admit to You...

For me Advent is about living life today, preparing to meet You in the end, and remembering that You came among us so I can have life immortal with You.

  • For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
  • he bestows favor and honor.
  • No good thing does the Lord withhold
  • from those who walk uprightly.
  • O Lord of hosts,
  • happy is everyone who trusts in you

Psalm 84:11-12, NRSV 

No comments: