Friday, February 27, 2015

Feb 27 - Calling Out To God

Save me, O God, by your Name; *
in your might, defend my cause.
Here my prayer, O God; *
Give ear to the words of my mouth.
Psalm 54:1-2
Thus the members will always be ready to arise without delay...
Benedict's Rule 22:6 (Chittister, Pg. 140)
Personal modesty, simplicity, readiness, and encouragement in life may well be staples of community living, of family life, or decent society even today.
Chittister, Pg 141
I woke up early today and started my day early. Feeling good, empowered in life and work, why worry about God saving me? I don't feel the need to be saved... But I didn't post a blog entry yesterday, I have not gone to my self-help support group since the beginning of the month, I was so happy choir rehearsal was canceled last night. Maybe I do need to call out to God after all? When was the last time I simply called to God and listened?

A Note To Readers:

This entry is part of a series that is developing as I read The Rule of Benedict, A Spirituality for the 21st Century, Joan Chittister, OSB, Crossroads, 2010. I am offering this both to those at St. George's Episcopal Church, Arlington VA, that may be reading this book and to anyone that is interested.

Unless stated otherwise quotes from St. Benedict's Rule are from the translation in this same book.
Psalms are from The Book of Common Prayer, The Episcopal Church, 1979 unless otherwise noted.

No comments: