Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Mar 2 - Keep Growing

They have laid a net for my feet, and I am bowed low; *
they have dug a pit before me,
but have fallen into it themselves.
Psalm 57:5
Those guilty of a serious fault...
Benedict's Rule 25:1 (Chittister, Pg. 146)
The point of the rule is simply that we have to take intervals to explore consciously what we ourselves are holding back from the group that depends on us.
Chittister, Pg. 147
We change. I change. We do so in an imperfect way (well, at least at times). That does not mean we stop or that God does not love us and expect us to keep growing.

A Note To Readers:

This entry is part of a series that is developing as I read The Rule of Benedict, A Spirituality for the 21st Century, Joan Chittister, OSB, Crossroads, 2010. I am offering this both to those at St. George's Episcopal Church, Arlington VA, that may be reading this book and to anyone that is interested.

Unless stated otherwise quotes from St. Benedict's Rule are from the translation in this same book.Psalms are from The Book of Common Prayer, The Episcopal Church, 1979 unless otherwise noted.

No comments: