Monday, December 31, 2007

366 Day 89 - Past, Present, Future


366 Day 89 - Past, Present, Future
Originally uploaded by Seton Droppers

I have been reading from Joan Chittister's The Rule of Benedict, Insights for the Ages daily for about two years now. Benedict's Rule has been used for over a thousand years as one (of many)paths to be closer to God. While Benedict wrote the rule specifically to support the communities he was in.

Benedictine spirituality has been used as the basis for Christian spiritual growth in many contexts. I have found it a helpful way to journey closer to God. Twenty or thirty years ago as a younger adult I thought all I needed was to "do it right and I would have a perfect, Godly, life and everything would be easier. Not the case. What I have found is some of these tools help me on the Journey of my life, and some things are a bit better now than before.

I hope to combine my photographic avocation with sharing some of my responses to the Rule of Benedict and Chittister's commentary on the Rule of Benedict. I am not sure what will happen, but I expect I will grow some through this.

(By the way, you can find Sister Joan's book online at http://www.eriebenedictines.org/Pages/INSPIRATION/insights.html. Please note, only a few days or weeks are presented at any one time.)

1 comment:

ragaMuffin said...

I have to say that it is brave of you to be sharing your journey in this way. And I, for one, will be coming back here to read of the insights you have gained. All the very best.