Friday, October 3, 2008

Endings and Beginnings

"They shall perish, but you will endure;
they all shall wear out like a garment;
as clothing you will change them,
and they shall be changed;

But you are always the same,
and your years will never end.

The children of your servants shall continue,
and their offspring shall stand fast in your sight."

Psalm 102:26-28


This morning I am contemplating taking my final picture for my "365" project on Flickr (you can see it on my flicker site here, http://www.flickr.com/photos/seton-droppers/sets/72157602264295732/).

Projects and our lives illustrate some of the principals mentioned in the Psalm verses: The project has a definite beginning and ending, but our life came before the project and continues after.

It will be an interesting day, since there are many projects in my life not ending, and others just beginning.

No comments: